Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Toy Hoarding


We had so much fun (note the sarcasm) this morning that Lili is taking a nap and I'm insisting that we start the day fresh when she wakes up. The child needs a serious Do Over right today. We did manage to make it to CICDC this morning but, um, we had a few issues with sharing. Note the toy hoarding. Yup, that's my girl. Even if she can't play with it, she doesn't want anyone else to either. And, she didn't realize how much she wanted to play with THAT toy until she sees someone else use it. Then she remembers she was DESPERATE to have it. All.To.Herself. Right. Now. I'm hoping that when Jax gets big enough to defend his toy territory she'll be forced into the art of compromise and sharing- or that she'll just have outgrown it at that point. If not, I'll probably end up with two kids sitting on a pile of toys that they can't play with, and me "protecting" another stash so that no one touches those either...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Betsy, I SO know what you mean on this one. Ethan is the same way, as I'm sure you remember them fighting over the Thomas Book that day at the mall.. Makes playdates fun for us, always someone crying or hitting. Not sure when this changes, but if you find any solutions please let me know!