Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our furball is 5!


Our fancy mutt is five years old today, and so is Grandma. Well, Grandma isn't five but it IS her birthday. :) Cooper is our beloved schnoodle. When we were first looking for a dog Scott wanted a bigger dog- he grew up with Keeshonds. I grew up with a mutt that I adored, but wanted a smaller dog. I wanted a lap cuddler and no shedding. So, after lots and lots of research and debates we decided on a schnoodle. They were scarce in NJ and I actually had picked out a little girl schnoodle pup but in the day that it took to convince Scott that we were really going to get a dog, she was gone. So, when our little Cooper became available we swiped him up about five minutes after he arrived on the East Coast. Fortunately, they are much easier to find now. :) He is an energetic, happy, well behaved, playful, snot licking, uber kissy, cuddly little member of our family.





And...I finished my first cake.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betsy, your cake is awsome! Whose birthday was it..yours? Very impressed.

Jell-o Flinger said...

Nobody's birthday, that's the sad part, lol. I'm taking a cake decorating class with an old friend and I have nothing to do with the cakes but eat them ALL! Know anyone with an upcoming birthday...?

Anonymous said...

seriously, that cake is killer....I've been stressing out about making a cake for Ethan's party on Sun, maybe I can hire you?

TattooedMama said...

That cake is sweet! Serve it at your playgroup.... right before the Mamas leave to take the kids home!

Jennifer Battjer said...

incredible cake!!!! happy 5th bday furball! (whats his name?) i remember inky! ill never forget when he puked all over your mom's car! ugggh!

Jell-o Flinger said...

Awe, poor Inky we loved her!! Do you remember when she was so scared to come into the house or bark that she didn't make a noise when she fell through the basement window? Or when she spent the night in the car because she thought we were going on a trip without her? She was the best dog ever. This little pup is Cooper- named after the car. :) I always crack up when I hear you talking to Duke on the videos- makes me think of Luke who ate my bucket of seashells, my pound puppy and used to knock over all the trashcans...lol, we had awesome dogs!! :)