Saturday, September 6, 2008

The most amazing woman I know

Without question, the most amazing woman I know. My mother is loving, selfless, patient, sympathetic, thoughtful, intelligent, beautiful, strong...I could go on for days. She stays up late cleaning the house, doing laundry and bathing the kids, then is up at the crack of dawn with the baby so that we can catch a few precious hours of sleep. She spends money she doesn't have just to make our lives more comfortable. She deals with the dirtiest of diapers- you know which ones I'm talking about. She taught us unconditional love and to appreciate every day with a child. She encourages us to think for ourselves and to fight for what we believe is right. She simultaneously juggles two tired kids early in the morning (who am I kidding, she has them all day) and somehow manages to have them happy, dressed, fed the toys picked up the dishes done all before 9am and I swear she mows the lawn and feeds the homeless in there somewhere...



What I'd give for her to not live 1000 miles away...

1 comment:

Jennifer Battjer said...

I can definitely agree to everything you said here.. your Mom is such a wonderful Mom/woman! She used to take care of us like that too!
I also wish my mom didn't live so far. It really sucks. And I only imagine it will get more difficult when the baby comes:(
What a nice post Betsy!