Thursday, October 23, 2008

Itty Bitty Wedding Clothes


When we started looking for clothes for Jax and Lili for Jen's wedding over the summer we had a difficult time finding anything that was both dressy enough and cool enough for Arizona in November. All the dressy stuff that we knew would be coming out around this time of year would be too Christmas-y and layered, and we apparently missed the boat on any of the spring/Easter markdowns. So I made a little dress for Lili and a bow tie and vest for Jax- his shirt and cargo pants we got on clearance at Children's Place. I thought it would be easy but really struggled finding a pattern for boy dress clothes- Burda was on the only decent one we found (and those never go on the $.99 sale), but the sizing is completely screwed up, and even though they had translated instructions they might as well have left those out. I ended up customizing Lili's dress to a size 2T on top and a 4T length. Jax got a completely made up bow tie (the one in the pattern was really weird and skinny) and a 6 month length for the vest but almost cut in half width wise to make it fit. I have no idea why the sizes were so screwed up- oh well. Now I'm off to finish a few more nappies (I don't want to have to do laundry more than once at the hotel), a dress for me, add a sleeping hood to the tall Mei Tai and then I think I can actually clean up the sitting room. Woop Di Do!

No comments: