Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


Something weird here in Iowa, we don't trick or treat on Halloween. I have no idea why, or when it all started but they do a Beggar's Night before Halloween and it involves everyone having to tell jokes for their candy. Painful. I hated having to do that kind of thing as a kid. I also hated having to hound all my neighbors for fundraisers. But that's another topic...
As weird as it is, they do some fun things for the kids around here. We had trick-or-read at the library with stories, treats (no candy) and three showings of The Great Pumpkin on Tuesday. Thursday night was Beggars Night and Lili got so much loot she was able to get enough cash to trade for a new train! She's super excited about it. We also had a great time at Howells Tree Farm today. We got some yummy pie pumkins and Lili and I made a pie. Yum!






2 comments:

Jennifer Battjer said...

the kids look so cute!!
that pie looks amazing!!
you are the best photographer!!!! what kind of camera?

Jell-o Flinger said...

Actually, most of the ones from this post are from our Canon Powershot, which is the quick grab because I can be holding Jax, wrangling Lili and not have to look in the viewfinder ;) I mostly use Nikon SLR's, though. We're a Nikon family :) And I'll forever choose an SLR over a point and shoot anyday.