Monday, July 28, 2008

Loving Cloth


I'd say it's an obsession. Three years ago this month we started our adventures in cloth diapering. Thanks to an online baby registry, some wonderful gifts from family and some of our own blind purchases we were set and ready to cloth diaper our soon to be born bundle of joy. We had aquired some second hand motherease, preemie unbleached CPF's, and bummis covers. We struggled initially with the use of pins and preemie prefolds- our darling girl was 6lbs, 7 oz and too small for our one size Motherease. If only we had learned about the beloved Snappi's just a few months earlier. But we made it through without any baby poking and moved into our wonderful Motherease fitteds. At 6 months we purchased some pockets and continued to feed our diapering addiction. As excited as we were for our girl to teach herself to use the potty before she even turned 2 I must confess that the thought of baby #2 actually had me EXCITED for diapering again. Am I crazy?
Fast forward to three years later from our first cloth diaper...
Our collection is a vast assortment of Fuzzi Bunz, Wallypops, Happy Heiny's, Bummi's, Polar Babies, WAHMIES, Proraps, Granny's Woolies, Stacinators, Nikki wool, and much much more. And the flannel...oh the flannel. Two years ago a good friend gave me a bounty of amazing flannel, which I of course used for some adorable newborn and small fitted nappies while nesting during my second pregnancy. I've loved all of the nappies I made for Jax and am so sad that he is already outgrowing his second size! Fortunately Sarah passed on a wonderful assortment of PUL a few weeks ago to make some fun new nappies for my little nurse monkey.

No comments: