Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amazing

I know I'm way behind on pictures. They'll be up in the next few days, I promise :)

On another note, I finally got some of the stories I grew up hearing first hand this past weekend. So amazing.


In a nutshell, my great uncle was born a preemie twin. Both of them combined weighed no more than 5 lbs. The nurses used to carry him around in their pocket (what?!). In 1928. He married another preemie twin, born in a field in Cuba in 1930. Together they had eight healthy, amazing children, and my aunt's twin and his wife had 9. (My uncle's twin died shortly after birth.) Two sets of preemie twins born during the depression leave a legacy of 17 children and three of them are still alive at 79, 79, and 81. Amazing.

1 comment:

Jennifer Battjer said...

Betsy, that is sooo cool! Wow.