Thursday, March 12, 2009

Laundry


I'm on my eighth load of laundry today. That means that six loads have been washed, dried, folded (please don't faint), and put away. The sheets are in the dryer and will go directly on the bed and the diapers will have another cycle in the washer before they are ready to pop in the dryer. Would it be mean to request that my family wear the same clothes from today through the weekend so that I can enjoy the empty baskets for once? But before you sit back in awe of the great domestic goddess you think I am...

remember that I don't iron. At all. My poor husband is left with these wrinkly messes instead of work ready clothes. But at least their clean. And, in my defense, the one time I got the iron out recently it was a bad scene. Bad, bad scene. Not very motivating to get it out again is all I'm saying...

2 comments:

Natalie O. said...

I don't iron, either. My husband used to iron his shirts before work, but even he gave up on that. After 10 minutes of wear, they're wrinkled, anyway!

TattooedMama said...

I refuse to own clothing that needs ironed. Period. Good thing James doesn't need "work clothes".