Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Green Smoothies

We're finally joining Sara's green smoothie challenge. I know we are several months late, and that everyone else has moved on into their new smoothie lives or has abandoned it altogether but we figure better late than never, right?

I have this terrible postpartum problem- sugar. I find myself depleted from the birth and from the massive quantities of milk I produce,- and from the little monkeys that like to nurse said milk every hour, every day for the first um, year? of their lives or so...
I'm tired, hungry, and out of time/hands so the first thing I grab is convenient food, typically loaded with sugar. So then I crave more sugar. And eat more junk. Then crave more sugar...See the cycle? I always rationalized it because I truely love healthy food, so I was just adding junk to my diet, not omitting something good. But, the reality of it is that by eating the junk I might as well have been omitting the good food (at least some of it) because there's no way I could be absorbing it all properly. So, I finished my last mega chocolate cake from Costco and we are off on our happy Green Smoothy Way!

1 comment:

Jennifer Battjer said...

Try being denied of sugar during pregnancy (which was one of my cravings!)... I will be CRAVING it too once I have this baby. But I'm going to try to fight the craving!!!!